It’s the fad these days to have big, long and complicated privacy policies buried in legalese.
Not here. Nope, we keep it simple. We, ourselves, are privacy advocates.
We don’t want your information and we don’t care who you are.
Also, whenever possible, we try to take an active approach to keep your information out of the hands of “big tech” companies.
We Use Private Analytics
As with virtually every website in the world, we utilize analytics to measure the performance of our site and to determine what our users find most interesting.
Knowing this helps us with developing better content that you want to read!
The 1000 pound gorilla in this industry is Google Analytics. We don’t use them!
Instead, we utilize a privately hosted and operated analytics server that is used explicitly for private sites that we operate on the internet.
For the purposes stated, we operate the analytics.frostynetworks.com domain.
This allows us to ensure you of the following:
- Identifying data about you is anonymized
- We honor your “do not track” settings in your browser
- We control all the data, not some big tech company with ambiguous motives
- Information is not shared outside of our own private interests
- We commonly share some of our analytic information in our annual address, mostly to benefit others that run public websites and those that are curious about our operation & situation.
The information we collect is pretty standard among website analytics. The information we get includes, but is not limited to:
- Anonymized IP address
- Estimated geographic location
- How you got here and pages you visit or links you click on our site
- Various information about the device you connect from (Operating system, browser, device type, etc.)
- Various passive metadata such as how long you were here
What we don’t do:
- Track your behavior anywhere other than websites we own
- Utilize cookies that track your behavior across sites other than our own
That’s it. Pretty simple right?
When You Give Us Info, We Get Your Info
The one time we actually may collect identifying information is when YOU choose to engage with us.
If you use our private contact page or comment on our site, we ask for your name and email address. We can see this information and have one rule about it:
Treat your information as if it were our own.
We do not and will not ever publish your email address. We are not interested in selling your data or contact information. We don’t even run a newsletter.
Also, we will act in such a way to protect your information from prying eyes through the use of generally accepted security policies and hardened web site systems.
We Advocate The Use Of Privacy Tools!
We mentioned that we ourselves are privacy advocates.
As such, we recommend the following:
- Set the “do not track” function within your browser
- Utilize a browser based ad block program
- Use a DNS server with a privacy & ad-free focus, such as PiHole
- Use a VPN to disguise your geolocation
- If you’re extra paranoid, use Google Chrome Incognito mode
- Take an active interest in protecting your privacy
Privacy Policies Can’t Get Any Simpler
Frankly, we don’t know if we meet things such as “GPDR Compliance” and we don’t aim to.
The internet is a public resource, available throughout the world, and there is no way we can comply with every regulation out there.
The only thing we can do is keep it simple.